PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING
BlakeWrites.com is a new website devoted to Men's Fashion, Lifestyle, and Wellness content, and is actively seeking new content in each of these areas.
Please note: BlakeWrites is in particular need of more style articles, articles by/for transmen, content about sexual health, and financial content.
I am only interested in inclusive content. Racism, transphobia, and other forms of discrimination or hate speech will not be accepted. That's an automatic hard pass.
If you have a great story to tell but are concerned about your skill as a writer, see the Bonus Perks below.
As a fellow freelance writer, I would never ask another writer to write for me for free. Unfortunately, however, this is a new project that's coming out of my own budget, so I can't offer as much as I would like.
What I can currently offer, however, is $0.04/word for articles between 500 and 1000 words. Payment will be made via Paypal or Venmo upon acceptance.
Since I'm lacking in funds (for now) to pay writers as much as I would like, I want to offer contributors the following in addition to compensation:
- Hands-on Editorial Feedback: I have over five years of professional writing and editorial experience, and I am happy to make each publication a learning experience. I'll provide actionable advice and feedback for each piece, answering any questions you have throughout the editorial process. Please polish your work as much as possible before submitting, but if you're just getting started as a writer or are a little rough around the edges, I'm willing to work with you.
- Byline: This one's a given, but you'll get your own byline. If you want to point back to your social media, personal blog, or anything like that... fine by me. Just keep in mind that if you share discriminatory content on your personal channels, your content may be pulled or you may be barred from submitting future content. Also, if you'd prefer to use a pseudonym on the public-facing side of things, we can work that out too.
- 30-Minute Coaching Session (Skype): If desired, I'm willing to schedule a 30-minute coaching session via Skype to discuss your writing, answer any questions about branding or marketing, or provide style feedback. This is totally optional, but it's on the table if you want it. Normally I would charge $50 for this. If you have a blog post get accepted, it's free.
To submit, please use the submission form above to send me the following:
- A brief cover letter (no more than one page, please) explaining your background and why you're submitting
- An article proposal
- Your proposal should let me know what you're wanting to write and how it will be organized. Please estimate the length (word count) of your piece.
- Hint, hint: I am looking mainly for 500-word blog posts in most categories; personal essays on masculinity (see above) would be better for 1,000-words.
- Links to 1-2 recent writing samples (if you do not have published samples, send me something you wrote for school, a long social media post, or something similar)